St. Mary School Local Education Advisory Council
|Mrs. Janet Schilling||Vince Black – Vice President|
|Mrs. Molly Frye – Secretary||Aaron Heiss|
|Mrs. Josh Smith|
|Msgr. Mike Campbell – Pastor email||Elizabeth Tokodi- Principal|
|Father Edward Maxfield – Parochial Vicar||Bri Moore- Home and School|
|Tammi Bradley-Marketing email||Jenny Altenburger – Finance email|
The Local Education Advisory Council is a 12 member Council. The council is made up of 6 members elected by the Parish. Each elected member serves a 3 year term, 2 new members elected each year in May. The remainder of the position are: the Rector of the Church, Parochial Vicar, Principal, president of the Booster, president of Home & School, as well as a member of the church Finance Council that is appointed by Finance Council. As stated in the LEAC Constitution, our responsibilities are as follows (Full version of Constitution at the bottom of this page)
- The LEAC shall be a consultative body to the principal and pastoral administrator in governance regarding school policy.
- LEAC policies must be approved by the pastoral administrator and school LEAC and shall be implemented by the principal, staff and faculty of the school. The diocesan superintendent will be informed of major policy changes.
- The LEAC shall be responsible for:
- Policy development.
- Evaluation of LEAC responsibilities.
- In keeping with the stipulations of the Handbook for Schools, Diocese of Steubenville, the school LEAC shall have oversight of all monies raised in the name of the school. Each fund raising group, i.e. Home and School, Boosters, will present an annual budget to the LEAC.
- The LEAC shall be consultative to the pastoral administrator in the process of hiring the school principal and renewal/nonrenewable of his/her contract. The criteria and guidelines provided by the diocesan handbook for schools will be followed.
- The LEAC shall abide by the policies of the diocesan school LEAC and, where applicable, the regulations of the State of Ohio.